About Me

My photo
Anytown, United States
I'm just a normal guy, nothing special sets me apart from you or anyone else. I just want to make a difference and help others to make a difference too. It's not impossible, and every little bit helps. So pack your gear, grab a friend, and... Let's Get to Work.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Air Motor!

3/03/12- I apologize for the low content over the last week. Busy, busy, busy per usual.

I thought why not share the type of motor that's going into the ARK? 

Check out the linkage below:

http://www.gastmfg.com/product_detail.aspx?ProductID=347&ProductTypeID=32

Now it is true that at full bore, this motor will use about 13 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) and through the design I have laid out (that I will soon post) there will only be about 4-6 CFM production from Human power. So where's the other 7-9 going to come from? An electric compressor that will kick in when the psi gets to a low level. This compressor will run off the electric system described in some of the earlier posts.

Will it be able to run forever? No. But we're not expecting it too. It's to help compensate the human powered compressors.

The human powered design will incorporate either 20 small compressor pumps each generating around .3-.8 CFM, or two larger pumps that get about 2 CFM. Two occupants will leisurely pedal 26" fly wheels at about 80 rpm.

You know what? I'm going to try to come up with a video soon to explain the design rather than force you to read it.

Check back in a couple weeks for that and other videos.

I'll be ordering all the electrical supplies in the next week. Pretty excited about that!

Until then, pack your gear, grab a friend, and...

Let's Get to Work.

-PSD

No comments:

Post a Comment